Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Altered Canvas Bag

In a previous post, Amy mentioned the little canvas bag that you will find in the September kit. I altered my bag to use as a holder for a mini album, or a gift card for a friend, or even a cute little door hanger.

I spritzed it with some Starfish and Candlelight glimmer mists. Once that was dry, I used a Pink Paislee press on. I was a bit hesitant to try to use a rub on on the canvas, but the package said that these transfer on almost any surface, and they were right! It went on like butter! I stamped the quote with Versamark ink. I used a clear glue to attach the lace on the top part of the bag and the ribbon on the handle. I made the paper rose with the Crafty Chronicle in the kit and used Starfish glimmer mist on it. Then I popped on some bling and a Jenni Bowlin butterfly, and it was done!

Be sure and share with us the creative ways you alter your canvas bag! Have fun with it and happy scrapping!

2 comments: