Thursday, August 5, 2010

Layouts from the August kit!

The August kits from Kit 'n Kaboodles are full of fun, summery papers and embellishments! My favorite item in the kit is the wonderful corrugated kraft alpha from Jillibean Soup. It can be left plain, or it can be inked or painted. In the first layout, I totally painted it, and then in the wall hanging, I lightly painted it. In future layouts, you will see it inked and left plain.


In the "you rock" layout, I wanted to highlight the gorgeous handmade pinwheels in the kit. I just used 2 different cardstocks, the alpha, the lace, and a pinwheel to create a clean and simple layout of my daughter Kiley.



I love creating things to decorate my house, and the papers are so fresh and summery, that I made a sign to hang on the black shutters of my kitchen. It is titled "celebrate summer" and uses the stickers from the add on kit as well as another pinwheel.
This is such an easy kit to create with, and I cannot wait to show you the rest of the things I made!

1 comment: