Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Apple For the Teacher

School is out for the year, I know, but did everyone thank their teacher? I made these cute apple-shaped cards for the Pre-K/Kindergarten teacher and the 1st/2nd Grade teacher at my daughter's Christian school. I made the template for the apple first, then traced it onto folded cardstock (leaving a part of the fold intact, of course!), then added the leaf and stem. I did a little shading with inks before I adhered the pieces together, and some buttons make a nice and simple accent. Font is Cricut's "Makin' the Grade", one of my favorites. I printed my chosen text onto yellow cardstock then cut it into a smaller apple shape for the inside, leaving plenty of room for a hand-written note as well. A gift card is affixed with repositionable adhesive on the opposite side.
I made this card with the Core'dinations cardstock in the KNK June kit. Check out the kit in its entirety at http://www.knkclub.com/ !

2 comments:

  1. would love it if some of my students would give me a card like this too! Thanks for thinking of the teachers Amy!

    ReplyDelete