Monday, May 17, 2010

Moo~Chas Gracias!

Today I thought that I would post a fun technique for you to make your own unique background papers. All you need is glossy cardstock, ink and daubers, and rubber cement (yes, you read that correctly...rubber cement). This works great for any type of papercrafting (scrapbooking, cardmaking, altered arts etc). Pick the color scheme or patterned paper for your project. I am loving the new colors of Tim Holtz distress inks, and choose Wild Honey for this project ( it coordinates with Nikki Sivils Willow-Bee line perfectly too).

Step #1--drizzle some rubber cement in a random pattern on top of your glossy cardstock. I am using a 4x6 sheet of photo paper here.



Let the rubber cement dry before proceeding to the next step (tick~tock)

Step #2--use your felt pad or dauber to apply ink to the entire sheet of glossy cardstock...go right over the rubber cement!



This is how it looks now :)

Step #3--use an adhesive remover to pull up the rubber cement. You can try using your fingers to rub it off, but if you rub too much you will get a blister (ask me how I know this, I dare ya!)

GUESS WHAT~~??? Your sheet of cardstock is now ready to be used!!!! You can use this for a photo mat on a layout, or a mat for an image for a card.

Here is a card that I made using an adorable stamp from Penny Black called CHEERS! (isn't she just moooo--velous?), patterned paper from Nikki Sivils Willow Bee collection, and a muddy brown cardstock. I was trying to be witty so I wrote my own sentiment.
My middle son graduated from High School on Friday, and he will be using cards like this a thank you notes!!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool technique and that card is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat tech Roz, thanks for sharing! LOVE the card!!

    ReplyDelete