Monday, April 26, 2010

Even Changito Needs His Coffee!

My boys were asking me the other day if I would take out some of my monkey stamps and make some cards with them (yes, the boys and the stamps). We hung out and Changito got inky. Changito with his 2 cups of coffee reminds us of my husband Gary, who just loves his coffee too. My card this week is inspired by Gary:




The image on this card is called a folded frame. You can use it to frame images for your scrapbooking as well as cardmaking. It is quite versatile! Here is my tutorial on how to make this fun frame.

Begin with a 4 1/4" square of double sided paper ( I used some Kaiser Craft MAYBE from the IMAGINE line). Using your scor-pal (or papercutter with a scoring blade) line opposite corners with the 3" line on your scor-pal. Score at 1"and 1 1/2"



Turn your paper 90 degrees and line the corners up again at the 3" line, score again at 1" and 1 1/2". Repeat until all 4 sides have been scored. Fold the corners in to the center of the square, folding on the innermost score line.




Fold the corners out on the 2nd score line and do this for each corner.



The inside area of the frame measures 3"x 3". Your image for inside the frame should fit on a mat measuring 2 7/8" square. I chose to ink my image on a sheet of pale blue cardstock that complements the patterned paper. I thought it would look nice to paper-piece the image using papers from the same KAISER CRAFT paper line.



I finished the image by coloring it in with watercolor crayons before placing it inside the frame.



Once the image is adhered to the inside of the frame, reposition the folds and use pop dots to keep them in place. Popping them up with pop-dots will give it a 3D look.

Once it is complete, you are now ready to use it to embellish a card or layout! VOILA~~~~



1 comment: