Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spring is in the air with Nikki Silvis pattern papers

Spring is in the air here in the Pacific Northwest...bulbs waking up all over and the cherry blossom trees are blooming....ahhhh the smells of spring. Also here in the Pacific Northwest we get windy weather in the month of March...so I decided to create this pinwheel card.

To make this card you need pattern paper cut to 4x4. For my card I wanted it to look the same on both sides, so I cut two pieces of the fantastic Nikki Silvis U R My Favorite U R Pretty/U R My Heart Paper.



First, fold the paper corner to corner to create a triangle; then fold across the other way creating an X shape in the center of your paper. You next need to cut about two inches along each of the fold lines. You'll then poke a single hole in the center of the paper and on one point of each triangle closest to the cut.



Next, you take a brad and put it through each hole in the points and then finally through the center; to create the spokes on your pinwheel....looking like this:


I rolled a piece of white paper to create my "stick" for my pinwheel and printed my sentiment onto white paper.

I hope you'll give this a try....it's a fun way to celebrate the arrival of Spring!!

Happy crafting....Lynda

3 comments:

  1. love your pinwheel---a definite sign of springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love pinwheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love this paper as a pin wheel too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun card I want to make one!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete