Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March kit creations and an easy canvas technique

So, I have a confession to make. I'm not much of a mixed media/altered art type of person. I like to stay in my comfort zone and stick with what I know how to do. That being said, when I got my March kit and it had the 12x12 sheet of self adhesive canvas, I said to myself, "What in the world am I going to do with this?" So, I just sort of laid it to the side, created two layouts and a card, and was working on my third layout when I noticed that canvas, still staring at me, begging to be used in some creative way that I couldn't fathom.

Then it hit me! I wanted to mat the picture on my layout with white cardstock, but I could mat it on the canvas! Then I could fray the edges, giving it a worn fabric look! It was my a-ha moment! Something mildly creative (for me, anyway) and super simple to do! Here's a little close up shot for you: And here's the whole page:Here is another layout I created with the March kit. This one was made for Laura's challenge to scraplift one of her layouts. This is my page:And this is Laura's page:
Thank you, my friend, for your amazing inspiration! Happy scrapping to everyone!

1 comment: