Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dig them out...I know you have them...

So the design team has been coming up with ideas that challenge you to dig out tools that you may have sitting around and put them back in action...so my challenge to you is to pull out those deco scissors...you know you have a few pair...probably a pile of them like I do:



and get busy using them. For my card I thought I would show you the changes that can happen is you add a little snip here and there with your deco scissors...
First here is my card with no fancy cuts at all:



ThenI pulled out my ripple scissors and cut the pink strip:



I then used the same scissors to cut the brown strip too:



I added a rubon to the bottom and then put some crystal laquer on the hearts so they are shiny:



For this card I lined up strip that were cut with the scallop scissors to create this fun bottom for my card:

So...what are you waiting for...dust off those deco scissors and put them back in the lineup!! I hope you'll join in the fun on the message board as we look to revive a few of your less used tools!
Both cards featured Core'dinations cardstock and Pattern Paper by Nikki Silvis!
Happy crafting....Lynda

5 comments:

  1. Yeah Lynda, I love to play and cut and as I said I have 20 I never opened.
    I can't wait to break open that package and see what I can do with them!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not used mine for ages except the deckle ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mine out where I can see them, so I remember to use them more than most. My boys love to use them too! Great cards Lynda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute ...I am a big deco scissors fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the great reminder Lynda! I know I have tones of those deco scissrs somewhere.... love your cards!

    ReplyDelete