Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A couple of KnK January kit creations

This January kit is just too much fun! I've been challenging myself to sort of think outside of the box a bit with this kit too. For my first page, I was itching to play with a new border punch that I had picked up, but I wanted to do something a little bit different with it, so I decided to create a frame around my page. Do you know those long, skinny scraps of paper you end up with when you use border punches? I flipped them over and used the striped side to create a thin border around the whole page! Talk about using your scraps to the max! I also did a little (actually a lot) of scissor work with those flourishes too. I love paper that I can cut elements out of and really make it my own style.For my second page, I wanted more of an abstract look to offset the clean lines of my papers. None of the glimmer mist that I had worked well with the black cardstock, so I started digging in my paint and found a couple of colors that worked well with the papers and just started flinging it across the page with a brush. So much fun!So I challenge you to do something out of the ordinary on your next page. Use a tool in a way your wouldn't normally use it. Get messy and crazy with a page, or just try a style that you have been afraid to just for fun. You never know, you just might like the results!

5 comments:

  1. Wow - you never cease to amaze me - I love these both. Fling paint - I can probably do that. Probably, LOL. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work Deb ... they are both equally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! What a great effect the splattery paint. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete