Monday, December 21, 2009

Changito Post-It Holder

WOW~~can you believe that Christmas is just a few days away? I hope that all of your holiday cards and projects are finally finished,and your scrap~crap (as my dear hubby lovingly calls my stuff) has been put away neatly for next year. With the New Year on the horizon, most of us look at our messy desks, disorganized office supplies, and vow to do better in the coming year.
If you are like me, you like to have post~it notes or little notepads around to make lists, take down phone numbers, or even just to doodle on. Do you know that I have a super easy way to make a holder for post~its that you can use to brighten up your desk, kitchen, or just about anywhere!



First of all, you start with an acrylic photo stand. I get mine at the drugstore or craft store for under a dollar for the 4x6 size used here. They come in a variety of sizes...use whatever floats your boat!




Next, cut some cardstock to fit inside. What you are going to do is to make a little layout and stick it inside the frame. I used some coredinations cardstock, ran it through the Big Shot and then distressed it. I love the effect you get when you sand the coredinations paper after embossing it!



After I have the background mat the way I want it, I stamped an image( Changito Scrapbooking by Stampendous--yes, it's found at Creativity Boutique), colored it,and mounted it upon the background papers.


Once your little layout is exactly how you want it, position it inside the frame.
I put mine so that it is tilting downward



Finally, take a post~it note pad, and adhere it to the top of your frame. When you make the layout, think about where you want to put the pad, and leave a space for it. Now you are ready to take off post~it notes when you need one!




TAA~~~DAAAAHHHHH

4 comments:

  1. Am just catching up on the blog - love this idea and intend to make one for my desk at work, so I won't keep losing my post=its under all my other work papers!

    ReplyDelete