Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What size is it?

Do you ever sit down to work on a project and realize that you may have a stamp that is too large for what you need? Well, this fabulous tree from the Jumbo Tree Perfectly Clear set by Stampendous is a great stamp to play with using the technique I'm going to show you.

I first stamped the image onto pattern paper full size and then trimmed my tree with some pink ball trim and added a base to it. I then pulled out my little gift bag that I wanted to decorate to match and realized that the full sized tree would not fit on my bag. I decided that I needed to shorten my tree....so I again stamped the image onto pattern paper. This time, I added another set of lines for a new "bottom" to my tree and simply trimmed off the excess.

You can see in this picture the full sized stamped trimmed out tree on the left and the stamped and shortened tree on the right:



Here is my full-sized tree turned into a tag:



and the shortened tree used on my gift bag:



I hope this technique will have you looking at your stamps in a whole new way!

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment