Friday, November 6, 2009

Simple and Effective!

Hi everyone ... it's me again ... back for my second post! This week I have another Fall card idea for you ... again using the Stampendous Damask Fall clear stamps ... did I mention that I totally love them!

This week my card is made using a simple but effective technique called "The Bandana Technique" ... I learned this one a while back through a challenge site ... I am sure there are 101 different ways of doing it ... but this is the one that always works for me!


1. Take a white piece of card and stamp a random pattern in black archival ink ... fill your card up as much as possible leaving as little space as you can without overlapping your images ... clear stamps are perfect for this technique.
2. Dry your ink with a heat gun if necessary and then blend several complimentary colors of distress inks over your images. Keep building the color until you are happy with it.
3. Blitz that with your heat gun and then draw around your stamped images with a white pen ... it is as easy as that ... you can use lines, dots or squiggles ... whatever you like ... the effect is great and I told you it was quick and simple.

I used a 1 inch punch to create my design and then mounted the pieces on to Coredinations card stock to make the design pop!

That just leaves me to wish you a good weekend ... if you try this out ... please come back ...  leave a comment on this post and link us so we can all admire your work!

8 comments:

  1. what beautiful Autumn colours Linda, how I love the leaves this time of year, this is a beautiful card and thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Linda, love the colours, thanks for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sooo fab! I will see if time allows me to have a go this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowie. what a cool technique. you MUST be on a great design team with supportive people...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! great tecnique, never heard of before.

    ReplyDelete