Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Seasons Greetings

Tis the season for all papercrafters to start to go into holiday panic mode...what do I need to get done, when does it need to be mailed....will they like it??? Yikes... take a deep breathe and repeat after me...simple is good.....simple is good...

So...I thought I would share with you this simple way to make a holiday card that is not super time consuming and could be done in an assembly line type production mode so you can make many of them.

Get your supplies all ready:

Jumbo Tree perfectly clear stamp set by Stampendous
Memento black ink
white carstock for image stamping
Core'dinations cardstock
Prismacolor pencils
printed sentiments

You would start out by first stamping your tree several times onto white cardstock. You can either stamp the star onto the top of the tree as I did, or stamp it as a separate image and add it to the tree. You can do the same for the ornaments on the tree...I stamped mine onto my tree, but you could stamp them on cardstock and add them on top of your finished tree.

I printed an entire sheet of holiday sentiments that I cut into strips to add to my cards this year; great time saver!

I used Prismacolor pencils to color in my tree. I like to blend my colors using pencils, so I use odorless mineral spirts and a blending stump to smooth away any pencil marks that may be seen on my colored in areas.

I then cut out my tree and added a strip of brown cardstock from my scrap box as my tree stump. I then popped the entire tree up using foam tape.

For my card, I trimmed a piece of Core'dinatoins cardstock large enough for my tree to fit onto; adding a strip of coordinating red cardstock that I embossed using a Cuttlebug folder...see the tiny bit of white showing through...I sanded my cardstock before I added it to the front of my card so the details would show up a little more...

I then added my tree and sentiment to my card.




these would be great cards to create for this holiday season...

Happy crafting....Lynda

4 comments:

  1. Cute card Lynda! Good tips to help keep it simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Fantastic tips! Maybe I CAN make my own cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Lynda! Super-cute, maybe I could even do it... LOL :)

    ReplyDelete