Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Friday ...


And that can only mean one thing ... tis my turn to blog again! Yes people it's Linda here ... Are you excited? No? Well I am :0)
Christmas is rapidly approaching so I thought it was high time I got started on some Christmas cards.
I have gone for a nice modern feel with this card and the moment I saw the Coredinations Aqueduct card ... well I fell in love ... yes I know ... again ... yes I know ... I do it a lot ... I just can't help myself.
The tree is a Dee Gruenig stamp and I have embossed it on white card using Stampendous embossing powder. I have then cut it out and raised it on 3d foam pads to add a bit of impact.

The smaller squares were also embossed ... this time I used the baubles from the Stampendous Winter tree collection ... they are soooooo cute ...
The faux stitching around each stamped image is made by piercing holes in the card [click on the picture for a closer look] ... inking around the edge of each panel and then literally joining the dots with a Ranger inkessentials white pen ... so much quicker than getting a sewing machine out and quite effective ... even if I do say so myself!
Finally I added a few bows and a few charms and that was it!
This just leaves me time to wish all our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving and if you are not celebrating Thanksgiving in your part of the world ... well I hope you have a good and crafty weekend.

See you next Friday!

13 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Linda..lovely soft colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is a GORGEOUS card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card and stunning colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card ...with all that work it has to be given to someone special love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'll have to copy that...maybe for NEXT Christmas...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab fab fab..love the colour. Am liking the turquoise this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, beautiful!!!! Love your work Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Linda...loving that style and those colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Linda, love the colours and the charms too. Very soft and subtle but with a little nod to it's rocked up naughtier side. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda. It's gorgeous. I love these colours at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, I love blue for Christmas.

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete