Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall leaves are in the air

Things are starting to really change colors here in the Pacific Northwest. We don't get quit the brilliant colors that the East Coast gets, but they are very pretty. I thought I would share with you one of my favorite ways to get great color combinations on stamped images...

You'll need a few colors...for my card I chose four colors of Memento ink...yellow, orange, red, and green. You simply smear the colors in sections over the stamp; allowing the colors to blend together...you then use your finger to smudge the colors to blend them for a more natural look... I then took a spritzer and gently sprayed my image; this will allow the colors to blend even more.



then stamp your image onto your cardstock:



you can see how the colors are blending all over the image; no harsh lines...

I then decided I needed a sentiment, but did not want to use the entire phrase on this great stamp from Stampendeous that says "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower".. I thought that I could just use the word Autumn from the stamp for my card. There are a lot of ways that you can isolate part of a stamp for use...I like to use removeable tape when I do this...I simply put the tape on the part of the stamp I don't want ink to get onto...then ink my stamp...remove the tape and stamp away!



here is my final card...I mounted my stamped image onto various colors of coordinating Coredinations cardstock and then mounted them onto a piece of brown that I embossed with my Cuttlebug.



I hope you have enjoyed this technique...

Happy Crafting......Lynda

5 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed that technique - fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tech Lynda, thank you! Beautiful card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that stamp, and great that you shared how to shade it!

    ReplyDelete